About Merit America
Merit America is a charitable association founded in 2017 to help people track down better careers through Merit. Headquartered in Washington, DC, Merit America has previously offered full-time, discretionary remote jobs in fields like bookkeeping, finance, not-for-profit, and generosity.
As an employer, Merit America searches for candidates who share its enthusiasm for helping Americans track down higher-paying, more resilient careers and producing a more equitable economic future. The association believes in recruiting for skills versus experience or education and describes model candidates as entrepreneurial, mission-driven people with a social effect mindset and solid correspondence, hierarchical, and arranging skills. Moreover, Merit America is an equal open-door employer that considers diversity integral to its success and believes in supporting completely inclusive workplaces.
The essential mission of the Senior Data Engineer is to design and fabricate a completely new data warehouse and data pipelines to help Merit America accurately understand progress against key metrics, support learners and managers across the association and enable services that make a positive effect across Merit America. The Senior Data Engineer will support the value of good data and help teams make a large portion of their data. The Senior Data Engineer will work fundamentally with item engineers and data investigators while supporting all teams across Merit America.
- Architect and keep up with data warehouse to ensure high data quality for Analytics and Master Data Management
- Create and keep up with ETL pipelines utilizing Alteryx and SQL
- Support new data engineering requirements across the project lifecycle: beginning project definition, arranging, implementation, and testing
- Make design decisions on architecture that leads to efficient, responsible, and easy-to-access data across all aspects of the association.
- Screen data integrity across the association and ceaselessly enhance processes to improve data quality.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: mechanizing manual processes, streamlining data delivery, and re-designing infrastructure for greater adaptability.
- Coordinate with Salesforce Executive and Engineering Lead to keep up with an elevated degree of data quality and meet uptime objectives
- Document procedures for data quality across the association
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements
We realize that women and people of color are often less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100 percent of the job qualifications. Try not to let that be why you pass up this open door! We encourage you to apply if you demonstrate many of these skills and competencies.
- 3+ years of SQL experience required
- 2+ years of Alteryx experience preferred
- A solid history of building and improving ‘large’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Energy and astute for discussing technical requirements with non-technical audiences
- Solid understanding of utilizing workflow management platforms (e.g., Airflow)
- Keen interest in logical data skills working with structured and unstructured datasets
- Salesforce knowledge preferred
- Python knowledge preferred
- Dedication to building new data capabilities for a developing association
- Sense of profound personal responsibility for our collective success
- This position is full-time.
- The yearly compensation for this role is $127,500
- This is a remote position
All employees receive the accompanying perks:
- Phone stipend
- Tech stipend
- Personal development stipend
- Home office supplies stipend
Notwithstanding the above, full-time employees receive the accompanying benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (100 percent Paid Employee Just Coverage)
- Flexible Spending Record and Health Investment account
- Health reimbursement Records are entirely funded by Merit
- Education reimbursement
- Short and long-haul incapacity
- Unlimited PTO (and yes, we require you to use it)
- Paid Parental Leave and Reception benefits
- Ten federally recognized occasions
- 2 Week Occasion Office Closure in December/January
- 401(k) retirement plan with organization programmed Merit commitment
- Employee Assistance Program | Talkspace | Sanvello
Remote Work and Sponsorship
Candidates should reside inside the U.S. furthermore have full approval to work in the U.S. Likewise, Merit America doesn’t offer employment visa sponsorship.
Equal Open door Statement
Our success depends on creating a diverse, inclusive company that crosses all lines of personal identification, and we are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.
This means we discriminate against no job candidate or employee because of their race, ethnicity, color, religion, public beginning, sex, incapacity status, genetics, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or some other characteristic protected by federal, state or nearby regulations. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
We actively strive and evolve to develop and keep up with entirely inclusive workspaces. We encourage candidates from underrepresented gatherings to apply.
Still excited about our work? You can learn more about our work in this video we made with our establishing partner, Google.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Structure I-9 data to affirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. On the off chance that E-Verify can’t verify that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written directions and a possible opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA), so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any activity against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the I-9 Structure.