Magento Developer Job Description
What is Magneto?
Magento is a PHP-written open-source e-commerce website. It uses many other PHP frameworks, including Laminas and Symfony.
What does a Magneto Developer do?
Magento developers work on eCommerce sites to create and manage Magento 1x and 2x apps. Meeting with the design team, designing Magento plugins, coding templates, resolving interface issues, tracking website performance, and checking security patches are just a few of Magento’s responsibilities.
Magento developers plan, boost, and assist e-commerce businesses. If you choose to prepare and build a Magento store from the ground up, a team of Magento engineers, web designers, test designers, and others will fulfill all required skills. You may also employ a Magento developer who is a freelancer or a member of a Magento organization, such as Orange Mantra. Working for each has its own set of advantages, but they are more reliable when connected to a well-known company. Person criteria and preferences, on the other hand, influence the judgment.
Types of a Magneto Developer
Frontend Magento engineers are largely in charge of the shop’s appearance, creating topics resembling the site’s GUI. They ensure that the store is appealing and attentive. The aim is to create one that can grab visitors’ attention and work seamlessly on all platforms, including tablets and smartphones.
Backend Magento developers, on the other hand, focus on the growth of Magento shop features. They can use custom code or pre-built Magento plugins to integrate them as required.
Skills for a Magneto Developer
- Expertise in the creation of custom themes
- Creative methods
- Knowledge in e-commerce integration
- Programming language knowledge
- Problem-solving abilities
- SEO optimization
Duties, a Magneto Developer does
- Meet with the design team to discuss the company’s requirements.
- Build and customize Magento 1x and 2x e-commerce websites.
- Model coding in Magento.
- Using best practices, develop PHP Magento plugins.
- Designing themes and user interfaces.
- Create achievement goals and assignments.
- Integration troubleshooting issues.
- He keeps the website’s features and security up to date.
Requirements you must have a look at
- Graduation in computer science or a similar area is required.
- Advanced knowledge of Magento.
- Comprehensive understanding of the whole eCommerce lifecycle.
- Being aware of new UI/UX trends.
- Google Tag Manager, SEO, Google Analytics, PPC, and A/B testing are all necessary skills.
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills are required.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- You must be able to plan ahead of time and finish tasks on time.