Senior Accountant Job Description
Before we start the accountant job description, let’s look at how essential accounts are. Accounting has a vital role in any industry or business because it helps you record income and expenditures. It ensures rightful agreements, provides investors, management, and quantitative financial information to make business decisions. Senior Accountants are the backbone of a company. A Senior Accountant is responsible for a company’s financial procedures, ledgers, and statements according to the laws and regulations. He has to prepare financial reports, research, analysis, and maintain the general ledger, reconciling accounts. He has to assist with audit preparations and carry out other account-related duties as may be required and responsibilities.
We are anxiously looking for an experienced Senior Accountant who has substantial working experience. The Senior Accountant has strong financial skills to supervise general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. They have a working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. We are Looking for a skillful oriented senior accountant with a grip on excel skills to perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization. The Senior Accountant is a multi-tasker, highly organized, and capable of doing work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
The Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
The senior accountant has lots of responsibilities.
- He is the one responsible for accounting functions, financial analysis, and error-free reports.
- Calculate revenue projections, forecasting expenditures, and monitor budgets.
- He should reconcile the balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- The senior accountant is assisting with annual audit reports.
- Resolve audit findings, account discrepancies, or differences.
- The senior accountant is preparing tax return reports of federal, state, and local.
- He verifies, allocates, and reconciles accounts that are payable and receivable.
- He assists the junior supporting staff.
- The senior accountant fixes errors and produces error-free reports, financial information. He provides technical support for account management.
- Participate in setting financial levels and in the forecast process.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles, reviews, and recommendations.
- The senior accountant connects with our Financial manager to improve financial policies.
- Provide maximum input into the department’s goal setting.
- He should train new team members and assisting staff.
- He should have strong supervising quality and experience in teamwork.
- A motivated person.
- Accuracy is the essential quality of a good accountant.
- He should have the experience to deal with legal matters.
The senior accountant should know the necessary accounting procedures, detailed knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant certification, CMA, or CPA will be preferred. The senior accountant must know business trends and grip advanced MS Excel skills, including Vlookups and pivot tables. The senior accountant must be an outstanding communicator, competent, organized, and having abilities and accuracy. At least 3 to 4 years of experience are needed for this job and should be professionally trained.