Working from India while on an H-1B visa? Here’s the lowdown in simple terms:
1. Talk to Your Boss:
- Before packing your bags, chat with your boss. Let them know you’re considering working from India and get their approval. It’s all about keeping the communication lines open.
2. Check the Rules:
- The H-1B visa ties you to a specific job and place in the U.S. If you’re heading back to India, make sure your employer is on board, and you might need legal advice to navigate the rules.
3. Tax Talk:
- Brace yourself for the tax talk. Working from India could mean dealing with tax matters in both the U.S. and India. Best to get advice from the tax experts on this one.
4. Time Zone Tango:
- Think about the time difference. You might be burning the midnight oil or catching the early bird meetings due to the time zone gap. Be ready for a bit of time juggling.
5. Visa and Travel Check:
- Check your visa expiration date. If you plan to jet back to the U.S., ensure your visa is still kicking, and take note of any travel restrictions, especially with the ever-changing world of COVID-19.
6. Play by the Rules:
- Follow the rules! You don’t want to accidentally break any U.S. immigration laws. It’s always a good idea to have a legal expert on speed dial.
7. Stay Connected:
- Don’t lose touch with your U.S. job. Keep the ties strong. If you’re too distant, questions might pop up about your H-1B status.
8. Know Your Job Deets:
- Dive into your job contract and company policies. Check if they have any remote work clauses, especially if it involves working from a different country.
In a nutshell, keep your boss in the loop, follow the rules, watch out for taxes, and don’t forget the time zone dance. Working from India on an H-1B can be a journey, so make sure it’s a smooth one!
Looking for remote work then visit Roamingdesk.com